Human-Computer Interaction 3e Dix, Finlay, Abowd, Beale
Groupware is a term for applications written to support the collaboration of
- Groupware can support different activities:
- direct interpersonal communication
- ideas generation and decision making
- sharing computer objects.
- It can be classified in several ways:
- by where and when it happens
- by the sort of information shared
- by the aspects of cooperations supported.
- Implementing groupware is more difficult than single-user applications:
- because of network delays
- because there are so many components to go wrong
- because graphical toolkits assume a single user.