Dialog is the syntactic level of human-computer interaction; it is rather like
the script of a play, except the user, and sometimes the computer, has more
- Notations used for dialog description can be:
- diagrammatic: easy to read at a glance
- textual: easier for formal analysis.
- The dialog is linked:
- to the semantics of the system, what it does
- to the presentation of the system, how it looks.
- Formal descriptions can be analyzed:
- for inconsistent actions
- for difficult to reverse actions
- for missing items
- for potential miskeying errors.